Friday, March 9, 2012

I need some information about Amnesia for my story?

So i'm writing a story where my main character has amnesia which is caused by a serious injury to the head. The main character forgets absolutely everything but has memory flashes and ends up getting her memory back after several months.



What type of amnesia would this description fit into? I just need a name cos i basically want it to sound legitamate lol.



Thanks in advance for your help.I need some information about Amnesia for my story?
Amnesia is partial or total inability to recall past experiences. It may result from traumatic brain injury, degeneration, metabolic disorders, seizure disorders, or psychologic disturbances. Diagnosis is clinical, often including neuropsychologic testing and brain imaging (CT, MRI). Treatment is directed at the cause.

Please see the web pages for more details on Amnesia.I need some information about Amnesia for my story?
Anterograde and retrograde amnesia (refers to events happening before and after the injury).



Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment