Friday, March 9, 2012

Is it normal for Ambien to cause amnesia?

I have been taking Ambien for quite a while and I've noticed that it gives me amnesia once it hits me. I barely remember talking to people on the phone, and I have no idea what we talked about. It's weird because I vaguely remember talking on the phone, but not to who or what about. Eventually on in the day I remember who I talked to, but I never remember what we talked about.



Is this normal?Is it normal for Ambien to cause amnesia?
Ambien (zolpidem) can cause amnesia. That's why it's recommended that it be taken just prior to going to bed. I personally know of an incident of a patient taking the medication, driving to the grocery store, making purchases, driving home and putting the groceries away and the next day not remembering a thing. In that respect, it can be dangerous for some patients.

No comments:

Post a Comment