Tuesday, March 6, 2012

You have amnesia. Someone is explaining to you the details of your life. Are you impressed or disappointed?

What questions would you ask first if you woke up from a coma suffering amnesia? Would you like the answers?You have amnesia. Someone is explaining to you the details of your life. Are you impressed or disappointed?
Impressed, disappointed, impressed again.
Interesting!!

I'd be both. I'd be impressed by the things I've achieved, the places I've traveled to, the things I've learn, the college I went to...

I'd be disappointed about the relationships I've had, not so lucky when it comes to love...

I'd ask whether I've got any sons (or daughters)...You have amnesia. Someone is explaining to you the details of your life. Are you impressed or disappointed?
I really hope that never happens, because so many people know me in different ways and they see only the part that they want to see or know. Very few really know me for who I am. For instance, grandchildren and children will see me as mom, grandma or in that role, but not as a person. It would be a very incomplete version of me.
I'm going to wander a bit off topic here, because amnesia and

alzheimer's are somewhat akin.

I visited a really good friend a year ago, just 2 weeks before he died. He

had the rapid onset variety of this terrible affliction. When Ihe saw me, I

could tell he recognized my face but didn't have any idea who I was.

We chatted. He was living in the past. I think for both of us it became

awkward.

He asked me where I lived. When I told him, he asked "Do you know a

guy named ..uh..oh..--he couldn't come up with the name. Something

made me ask if he was thinking of___________. I had given him my name. His face brightened and he said YES !! that's the person, and

launched into a discussion of that person's character-namely, me.

When he had completed his thoughts, I told him I was -----------.

We looked at each other. Sometimes the only bond that counts is a

hug.

Two weeks later he was dead.



I was impressed with his opinion of me, and I'm sure you can appreciate the reason why. He was my friend, and he was speaking to

me from the heart. I'll carry his words and his memory as long as I

live.



If I awoke from a coma I would ask just 2 questions.

Am I married?

Can I speak with my wife?

All else would be secondary. The answers would suit me fine.You have amnesia. Someone is explaining to you the details of your life. Are you impressed or disappointed?
Asking would be meaningless as you cannot be upset by the sad things that happened to folks you cant recall...perhaps that has it's upside. I think I would be generally satisfied with the life I have had, it's been very varied.On a lighter note, as a guy, what an excuse when my wife (I think) pesters me to write greetings cards, " But I don't know anyone my dear" .
I think I would be impressed.

I've worked very hard, and I have assets to show for it.

The grown children have turned out well, although those teen years were turbulent.

The first thing I would ask about would probably be family.

Am I alone? Or do I have loved ones?
Disappointed more than impressed. I should have taken more leaps. Happy with my son, my husband, but opportunities that I could have taken and passed them by, I regret.
No, please don't tell me. I would probably be bored to death! I think the first questions I would ask is "who am I and why am I here, and how did I get here".
I'd ask what my name was and what happened.

I think I'd be neutral... Neither impressed nor dissappointed



My friends would be a nice surprise
I would be disappointed. I expected more from myself than that. The question that I would ask first would depend on how old I was when I got amnesia.
I would be both. Who am I, how did this happen, where do I live, but most important to me above all is who do I love and who loves me.
Disappointed.
Impressed.
I think I would be confused. But then that wouldn't be amnesia...I am always confused. HA
I would wonder how one person could have done so many things in so little time. Overall I have done less harm and more good. I think I would want to meet this person. I like this person.



LS
I'd be surprised (as are the folks I went to school with when I relate some of the things I've done, and places I've been..like over 30 countries, 13 months in Antarctica, etc).
Horrified by some aspects. Happy about others.
Saddened. I would want to know where I belong.
neither. i'd just be terribly confused.
I would be impressed and I would like the answers!
I was going to tell you how I felt but Ive forgotten.
I'd say: "That's all? What a waste!"
No, I'd want to regain every aspect of my memory and get on with it again. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
saddened,....I ask them to stop!!!
The story of my life might put me back to sleep. Guess I wouldn't ask many questions, just take it all in.
flat out amazed!!.... LOL!!
Shocked!...Then chuckle, and figure it was so...
I would never believe them!
darn right out SHOCKED, and then i'd have to say "you must be lying to me, right?"
Dang!! How'd I get to be this old and this fat?

No comments:

Post a Comment