Saturday, March 3, 2012

What does it feel like to regain memories from amnesia (not the game)?

I think I used to know this... just kidding ya ;). Is it like in movies or games when a character experiences headaches or blanks out for a minute? Can it come back through a dream? Or is it like when you walk into a room, walk out and then walk back in, and you suddenly remember what you went in the room for? Also, do people forget their identities, or do they usually remember them when experiencing amnesia?What does it feel like to regain memories from amnesia (not the game)?
I remembered a past trauma by smell - Someone held me close sitting on the floor and it was a smell of roll ups and sweat and the memory came back in such a rush - It was evening and i had to get to the train station and my legs were wobbling like rubber with the intensity of it all. I have D.I.D and yes there is a tension before the dissociation sometimes resolving as headache - no memory of what happens inbetween and no tension on return but I imagine everyone has different experiences of dissociating, Apparently the most common one is when driving where you come round to not quite know where you are as you have been dissociated on autopilot.

I dissociate a lot but never when driving .

No comments:

Post a Comment