Saturday, March 3, 2012

What does it feel like to get your memory back after amnesia?

I know that some people may suffer from amnesia due to a hard hit on the head or maybe traumatic events etc and lose their memory.



But what does it feel like when you get your memory back? Does it all come back at once or does it come back in pieces. Is it an emotional experience once you remember everything?



Thanks for any contributions!What does it feel like to get your memory back after amnesia?
I've never had amnesia. So I don't know what it's like to actually get your memories back. But I'll tell you what I believe it's like.



You have forgotten everything or maybe just some things, so you continue to live your life again. With these missing pieces, you're just starting to get your life back on track, when something from your past triggers a memory. You might be walking down a street, and then you'll like get this "vision" in your head of a memory. You'll be confused at what it was, but then you'll realise that you just got back a memory of something that happened down or near that said street.



It's confusing if you forget people, and then all of a sudden, you remember who they are. It's scary, and as you said it would be very emotional. Because you could get a memory back, but be missing some of the pieces, or forget something that happened prior to that certain memory.



I'm sorry, I can't help you exactly, because as I said I have never had amnesia. This is just from my knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment